Tuesday, February 5, 2013

GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!! A Before and After

GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!!  I am sure I will say this at some point, right?? 

Here are some pictures of Judah's nursery and some of Emmeline's room...


I really enjoy putting together a nice space for my children.  A place for them to grow and learn...their own space to go to when they need time away from the world (or their parents-ha!). :-)  Hopefully they will appreciate the time and thought that has gone into prepping the perfect room(s) for them.



Before:

This is a flashback to October when daddy and Emmeline were putting together Judah's crib.  Notice the walls were a creme/tan color.  Emmeline is/was such a daddy's helper.








 
After: 

This was taken after Aaron painted the walls a light grey color called "Owl Grey" or "Grey Owl"?  or was it "gray" with an "a"...?  Something about a owl and the color grey! ha.  It is a very pale grey color.  I didn't want something too dark but something that would actually brighten the room.

Check out the little helper in the far left corner. ha!



I saw this horizontal stripe idea online a while back and was set on it for Judah's nursery.  I loved the grey/white stripe idea.  Especially after purchasing some awesome blue furniture off of Craigslist.  however, I was worried it would turn out crooked or that the paint would bleed so I was settled on just solid grey up until the last minute...until my darling hubby decided that he would be ambitious one night and give it a try.  We started with one wall to see if we liked it...it turned out GREAT (after following pointers from a neighbor and an online blog)...so we decided to do the two parallel accent walls.  I LOVE IT!  Aaron did such a great job measuring and creating the lines. :-)  He was pretty proud of the final product too.  I would do it all over the house but I think Aaron might kill me if we (by "we" I mean "he") had to paint another room! 

My Inspiration:



Measuring and taping off was the most time consuming part but it really isn't as difficult as it seems
 
 

 




white stripes!



one side done, one to go!





Putting it all together...



Prints from Etsy framed and hung above the crib (of a little boy and creatures traveling the world).  This was my first purchase for his room and inspired the theme of "travel" or "little explorer".














Globe nightlight and "National Parks Little Explorer" map (all the marks on the map are little trees and it came with little tree stickers...as Jude visits each of these parks he can put a little tree sticker on the map! Love!!)
(web close up)




The little wooden train was a gift from my grandma (Jude's Great Grandma Dolly--my mom's mom).  It is 60 years old (you'd never know it!).



Personalized blanket from Aunt Jodi and little star lamp



America the Beautiful! :-)





Old globe, baby shoes (Aaron's shoes from when he was little), maternity/family pics and giraffe from Grandma Barbie


First Christmas ornament sitting on bookshelf (from Aunt Jodi--she also got one for baby Emmeline last Christmas)

changing area/closet




Jude approves!

8 weeks




Jude (almost 2 months!) and Emme (almost 18 months!)







Chunky monkey!




A few changes to Emme's room...
We moved a few pieces of her furniture to the baby's room and upgraded her room to a big girl room. :-)

new wall bookshelf and rocker (that we sanded and painted)





She loves picking her books out when we read




 No more changing table!

  My little bookworm enjoying a good read under the tree :-)


New adorable growth chart from Aunt Jodi!

Need to put her measurements up there soon--she is growing like a weed!


No comments:

Post a Comment