Thursday, February 21, 2013

Little Big Man, Judah Grey

Our Little Big Man weighed in at 16.09 pounds at his 2 month appointment!  He is bigger than Emmeline was at that age and we thought she was big!
Even with a run of RSV where he was sick for a few weeks and receiving breathing treatments, he STILL never missed a meal.  That's my boy! ;-)

I really didn't know how I would/could love another child because, as you all know, Emmeline has been our whole world from the minute she was born.  But, my heart must have grown because it has allowed for a whole new love for our new little guy.  I don't know how to explain the difference...you love both of your children a whole bunch but it is a unique love that you have for each of them.  Maybe God blocks off space in our hearts for each of our children.  Judah has the "mommy's baby boy" space.  I don't know why but I am extra protective of him.
This may be TMI for some folks, but I don't care (that felt good to say!). Jude is so sweet when he nurses.  It was always an intimate moment with Emmeline as well, but Jude makes sure to look up at me while nursing, with those big beautiful eyes.  It feels like a "thank you for what you are providing me with."  He has won my heart over with that move...big time!  I am just amazed at what a miracle giving birth to a new life is. I cannot wrap my brain around it! And then God has designed our bodies to provide all the nutrition they need (not to mention the immune fighting goodness!) for that first year of their life (and beyond). It still blows my mind when I stop to think about it. I love that I am able to give him that.   Don't worry, I won't still be breastfeeding him when he's ten! ha.

He is starting to coo and smile a lot.  It is always so, so rewarding when they first start to do this.  You go weeks without getting any type of reinforcement for all of the long hours of hard work you are putting in...and then, all of a sudden, you get a response...a smile, a "coo" or "goo".  His smiles and little voice just melt my heart.  It makes being a parent worth all of the struggles....you know, the lack of sleep, the lack of "me time".  ;-) 


Here are some photos from the last month.  Crazy how fast they grow!  I'm trying to enjoy every little moment and capture it in my memory because I know just how fast the time flies when they are teeny tiny like this.  And, this may be our last baby so...(that's a whole other post-ha!).

Everyone says he looks more like me...I definitely see Aaron in him (well, duh, that would make sense!)...but I am hoping that he does resemble me a little more.  Aaron already has one kid who looks a lot like him! ha.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment