Monday, May 23, 2011

May showers bring...August babies?!?!

Well, I know that April showers bring May flowers.  Turns out May showers bring August babies. ;) hee hee
I know, I'm a dork.

Just got back from an AWESOME trip back home to Michigan to celebrate Baby XX's arrival with a BABY SHOWER.  We had the party at my mother in laws home (which was the perfect setting!) and had a great turn-out (about 40 people!).  My sister did an awesome job hosting and my mom & Mary made some fantastic food.  Kandace got a special cake from a place in Kalamazoo where they had their wedding cake made--it was so YUMMY!...her and my brother they even put special Dave Matthews lyrics on it as a surprise and it was decorated to match the theme of the party (even though this place normally doesn't do special decorating).  My sister in law Megan bought a really cute banner from etsy that said "It's a Girl!" and matched the theme(see pics below).  It was a perfect party.  I enjoyed seeing everyone and having everyone pat the little one growing inside my belly.  Aaron and I got some really nice things for the baby.  I feel so blessed.


Grandma Dolly (soon to be "great" grandma to our child)



Mother in law, Mary

My Fairy Godmother, Pam


Lyrics from "So Much To Say"

Sister in law, Kandace




Measuring my big ol' belly for a game


Dancing while measuring...

Brenda, good friend of the family


Me, my momma, and Jodi (sister)

Jodi and I with Renee (step mom), holding her belly for the photo (hey--I got sick of holding my own! ha ha):)

 

My momma

Grandma Barbie

My mom and Fairy Godmother Pam (I know.  I look constipated! ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment