Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo

I love this quote and I try to live by it each and every day.  And, no, it has nothing to do with living in the dreary Seattle area (well,  maybe a little :) ).  Really it boils down to this: Life is what we make of it!
I'd consider myself more of a realist than an optimist.  Life is not easy.  Life is not perfect.  Life sometimes has just as many downs as it has ups.  But, if I've learned anything in my young adult life it is this: Even in the midst of a storm, there is always something to be grateful for.  Don't they say something about dancing in the rain?  Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do believe that we have to find our own ways to "turn that frown upside down" (as my daddy would say). ;)  I've had to learn to let go and give control to God.  It is on His time not ours.  Looking back, I realize that He has had a plan for my life all along. 
I AM RIGHT WHERE I BELONG.  LIFE IS JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.
  Life is good!  Aaron and I love living in beautiful Washington state, we have careers that we love (Aaron-Staff/field Scientist for Golder Associates Inc., Me-Special Ed. teacher in the Bellevue School District), we bought our first home last June (2010) and we have a baby girl on the way (due August 11th, 2011).  We feel very blessed!  Every bump along the way has been worth it...
Remember: No matter what the weather, come prepared...always bring your own sunshine!

2 comments: