Monday, May 23, 2011

Momma Bird is in NESTING MODE!!

After I got back from the shower, I immediately went into nesting mode.  I washed all of the baby's new clothes (Jodi gave me TONS of hand-me-downs, I got LOTS of cute clothes from friends/family at shower, and I also went to the outlet in Michigan City with my mom/sister before heading to the airport to come home--danger, danger!).  Oh, not to mention I got even more clothes (barely worn and all name brand stuff) from our neighbor's garage sale this past weekend.
 I have been going non-stop.  The more I accumulate, the more I feel rushed to get things ready for baby.  I told my mom the other day that I can't seem to stop pacing back and forth from room to room.  There is so much to do to get organized and ready for this baby!!  It is sooooo exciting I can't even sit still for 2 seconds. :)

 We got so many nice things at our shower and have also been making some purchases along the way.  We've received a package a day on our front porch since the baby shower (both gifts and our own purchases)! So fun!
 Aaron finally finished painting the room "Country Green".  We weren't so sure about it at first (it sort of reminds us of mint chocolate chip green), but it is a nice calming green and will match the bedding set we ordered (that is on back order but should be here June 7th).  We got the crib a week or so ago, but it had a damaged part, so a new one will be here this Thursday!  The matching dresser should be here by Thursday as well.  The mattress came last week.  Poor Aaron has put something together almost every day too.  He is a trooper!  I can tell that he is in nesting mode too.  He just started putting in shelves and a storage system in the garage.  He also had the grand idea to buy a new fancy shmancy camera from Best Buy (we've been eyeing for a long time) so that we can take good photos and shoot HD videos of the baby.  He will be the BEST dad. :)

Recent big purchases/gifts:
1. Crib set http://www.target.com/Cottage-Crib-Toddler-Rails-White/dp/B002RNOCQ6/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton
Here is the crib set we decided on.  We have the crib and the dresser so far.  Grandma Barbie bought the crib for us and we used giftcards and money from friends/family to get the dresser. We still need to order the changing table and bookshelf.

2. Glider/Rocker:
My dad and Renee purchased this for us on the day of our ultrasound.  My daddy told me to pick out whatever rocker I wanted because he wanted his baby grandaughter to have the best rocker!  So sweet (and I know, I'm spoiled).  Of course, he wanted me to go to an actual furniture store to check out the BEST quality ones...but they are expensive!!! I was sensible and picked out a functional and reasonably priced one. :) I had to tell him over and over again that this was a good one and it would be perfect.   He just wanted to make sure I was happy. :) Dads...Sheesh!  I love it...I rock in it all the time already.

http://www.amazon.com/Stork-Craft-Glider-Ottoman-White/dp/B0031QPN52/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1306165408&sr=8-5





3.  Mattress http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Organic-Cotton-Orthopedic-Mattress/dp/B003BIFNYQ
L A Baby Organic Cotton 2 in One Orthopedic Crib Mattress, White
We were able to purchase this with a $100.00 giftcard from my mom's friends.

 4.  Stroller http://www.rei.com/product/798579/bob-revolution-se-stroller
15% off at REI.  Will be able to pick up at REI on Friday or Saturday...can't wait to take baby for a spin! :)


5. Carseat (Jodi's recommendation) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155366
We were able to purchase this with giftcards from friends/family.
6.  Camera: NIKON D5000


7.  Bedding (on back order..boo :( ...can't wait to get it in the mail so we can make the nursery complete!):




8.  Skip Hop Activity Gym (from Cousin Trisha) LOVE IT!

9. Pink and white polka dot Boppy pillow and cover (from friend Janelle):

10.  Tub (from friend Lori--highly recommended by both her and my sister!):


11.  Cube shelving in white with pink canvas totes for closet organization(from Target--bought using giftcards from friends/family):





MORE TO COME...






No comments:

Post a Comment